Friday, December 5, 2014
Today is my last day working at NRC. It's been an incredible 3 1/2 years, and it's bittersweet to leave. This has been a great learning opportunity and has given me so much career growth. I'm taking a week off, and then I start work at L&P up in Madera on M 12/15. Still in agriculture, still the Controller, but my job duties and role are going to be a lot different. I'm excited for the new challenge!
Thursday, November 20, 2014
Tuesday, November 11, 2014
As I got out of my car at work this morning, I was overcome with a feeling of gratitude for the many blessings in my life particular to today. I don't care much for the Facebook postings of gratitude every day in November. I'm glad people make an effort to focus on the positives, but those planned posts don't do much for me.
Things I am grateful for today:
-our new roof finally being finished and being able to pay cash for it
-the beautiful drive into work on a foggy day
-my car giving warning beeps that my headlights are on when I've turned off my car so that I won't have a dead battery tonight
-my lovely wife having the day off to rest and recoup even if I don't
-our veterans keeping us safe
-our Dave Ramsey class ending tonight so we'll have another free night at home after this week
Tuesday, August 19, 2014
Saturday, July 19, 2014
Tuesday, December 10, 2013
- I am everything he wanted in a Controller.
- He knows he doesn’t say it often enough, but I’m doing a great job.
- Everything I prepared for him is clean, organized and easy to follow.
- I made great progress on the audit even though it isn’t done yet.
- If we did performance reviews as often as we should, mine would be all positive.
- I’ve come a long way since I first started and he’s very happy.