Can I say that I'm glad 2011 is finally over? It's been absolutely exhausting. There's not a lot on this list quantitatively, but qualitatively, it's been huge.
- Finished most of Busy Season #5, this one was a tie with #4 for worst one.
- Got a new job in April
- Took up kenpo karate, and have so far advanced to yellow belt rank
- Completed 5th & 6th boys' leader term in Awana and started term as Games Director (who would have guessed that from the type of kid I was?)--and I thought 5th and 6th grade boys was a stretch last year
- Did my first (sprint) triathlon
- Biked the Fresno Classic Mini-Metric (35 mi) ride
- Injured my heel doing sprints to train for a marathon
- Ran the Trail of Two Cities Half Marathon in near-record time
- Started my own Spades group
- Daniel moved out in September, amicable departure, but it was time for me to live alone again
- Started feeling as though I actually lived in my own house
- Started teaching Kindergarten Sunday School once a month
- Flew up to Seattle to move my sister Joy back into the dorms for her sophomore year
- Bought a new car, 1999 Toyota RAV4
- Bartended at a wedding (just wine and champagne, very easy, but very fun)
- Flew an airplane through a Groupon deal
- 2nd Christmas spent in Fresno
- Got my tonsils taken out
And I wonder what's next.
My 2011 resolution was to actively work at getting more rest. I think I'm sleeping more (or at least doing better at not skipping sleep like I used to), but all the change and stress of this year triggered my sleep apnea diagnosis. That's the goal behind getting my tonsils out. So I'd say I did a decent job at that resolution in 2011.
I think in 2012, I want to work at having a better understanding of what God has planned for me in ministry. I love what I'm doing in my church now and wonder how God wants me to better use this extra time I have when I'm not working now that I'll soon have a year of experience under me in this new job.