Thursday, April 18, 2013

Officially a Seminarian!


I received the acceptance e-mail last night.  We had just finished karate class, and I was hanging around the dojo to get some reading caught up for the class I’d been taking before I needed to head over to church before AWANA.  I checked my e-mail on my phone, and the words “Congratulations on your accept…” were in the subject line of my inbox.

I’m kind of floored.

I knew I had a pretty solid application, but ever since I submitted it last week, I’ve been questioning if I’ve been pushing this too much in my own selfish desire to have a master's degree.  Classic self-doubt.  So I had started praying that if God didn’t want me heading down this path, that I wouldn’t get accepted.  Not to brag, but I felt rather confident that He was the only reason I wouldn’t get in.

So I was really in this limbo of not knowing where my life would be taking me for the next few years.  But when I saw that e-mail, I suddenly felt peace.  I don’t know everything that’s coming ahead of me, but I have a plan now.  And the Type-A part of me loves having a plan.

This is going to be an awesome crazy ride!

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations!!! You know we will be praying. We are so proud of you.

    ReplyDelete