Today is my last day of work before my wedding and honeymoon. I’ll be off work for three weeks.
The last couple of hours have been transition meetings with both my auditors and my boss since my boss will be carrying the majority of my workload while I’m gone. I’ve been killing it here to get this to as smooth of a hand-off as possible. I have a folder of several instruction Word documents to guide him through each of my daily and weekly duties.
My boss just paid me the biggest stream of compliments on both my overall performance but also on how I prepared everything for him in my upcoming absence.
- I am everything he wanted in a Controller.
- He knows he doesn’t say it often enough, but I’m doing a great job.
- Everything I prepared for him is clean, organized and easy to follow.
- I made great progress on the audit even though it isn’t done yet.
- If we did performance reviews as often as we should, mine would be all positive.
- I’ve come a long way since I first started and he’s very happy.
We’ll see if he still says that after covering for me for three weeks.
This kind of affirmation goes a long way. Totally makes it worth the crazy hours I’ve been putting in the last couple of months, even more so the last couple of weeks.
Okay, back to work. Two more reports to hammer out and then I'm shutting it down and going home.